We believe that our region of France provides a perfect environment for the touring cyclist. The rolling terrain, embracing pasture, woodlands and coastal areas, presents the touring and leisure cyclist with a landscape of stunning scenery and fantastic rides.
We offer two single-centred touring holidays so you don't have to worry about luggage transfers or having to cycle to your next night's accommodation. In addition, we also offer one circular tour of the region, for those who prefer to cycle from place to place. Although we have a recommended itinerary for each tour, we want to be as flexible as possible and offer a cycling break tailored to your individual needs and requirements. Each day's ride is not a race, and we encourage you to travel at a leisurely pace so that you can enjoy both the cycling and the scenery. You can stop for breaks as many times as you wish, either for a rest, refreshments, to visit a site of interest or just to look at the view. On each day's ride there are places for you to stop for food and refreshments. You will be provided with comprehensive and easy to follow route maps, plus written directions, and have access to backup/support should you require it. We welcome individuals, couples, families and groups on our tours. We give a personal service and do not employ agents or reps to meet you or transport your luggage.
The cycling routes we have selected follow virtually traffic-free, well-surfaced minor roads, canal towpaths and former railway lines converted to cycle tracks (voies vertes), which provide excellent conditions for the use of either touring or hybrid bikes, including tandems and recumbents. We have endeavoured to design rides which pass through the areas that provide the best scenery and places of interest for your enjoyment, where you will discover the rich heritage of the region.
We do not have fixed dates for any of our tours, so you are welcome to come when you like, from the 1st April to the 30th September.
We offer a discount for groups of four people or more. (Full tour itinerary only). The maximum number of people we can accept on our tours at any one time is six.
Children are very welcome. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and be used to cycling safely on public roads. Children under the age of 10 must be fastened to an adult's bike, for example by using a trailer bike, buggie or similar. Price discounts are available for children.
The hire of bicycles is included in the price of our tours, together with helmets, padlocks, basic repair kits and pannier/handlebar bags. You may like to bring your favourite saddle, or pedals, or both, which we would be happy to fit for you. However, if you would prefer to bring your own bike, this is no problem and we will adjust the price of the tour accordingly.
You cycle at your own risk. Although we endeavour to ensure that our rides are as safe as possible, we cannot be held responsible for the state of the roads or the condition of your own bicycles, nor for any damage, loss or injury. If you use your own bike, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is in a roadworthy condition. When cycling, you must ride in a responsible and safe manner, with respect for your fellow road user and complying with all French traffic laws and regulations.
4. For your comfort and safety we recommend the wearing of suitable cycling clothing, particularly padded shorts, and gloves. It is also better to wear shoes designed for cycling rather than trainers, but this is not essential and is up to the individual. Please bring clothing to cover all weather conditions. If you do not wish to wear a helmet, it is advisable to wear some other form of head gear to protect you when it is sunny. Also, it is advisable to wear a pair of cycling glasses to protect your eyes from the sun, flies and dust. If you are planning to cycle during the hours of darkness, it is now a requirement to wear a yellow reflective vest. These are also a good idea if riding in conditions of reduced visibility.
5. When cycling we recommend you carry a puncture repair kit or preferably a spare inner tube, a tyre inflator and a padlock. If you are unable to bring these items with you, we can supply them to you free of charge. We would also advise you to carry a basic first aid kit.
6. We can rectify most minor roadside problems, but in the unlikely event of you having a more major problem which prevents you from completing the day's ride, we can arrange for transport to take you and your bike back to your accommodation.
8. Yes. It is a condition of booking that all travellers must take out comprehensive travel insurance to include third party cover. Please also ensure that the policy covers cycling. Also, if you are a national of an EU country you should obtain an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). This entitles you to benefit from the reciprocal health agreements which exist between the EU and certain other countries, but is not a substitute for travel insurance. You should also not travel against medical advice.
9. If you are happy to cycle the specified distances and have an approved method of carrying your daily needs, then a mountain bike will be fine. However, if your bike is currently fitted with knobbly tyres, we would advise you to replace these with tyres suitable for road and cycle track use.
We require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total cost when making your booking, which will be deducted from the total price. The balance is payable 6 weeks before the start date of the tour. If you are booking within 6 weeks of the start of the tour, then the full cost of the tour is required.
Children are very welcome, and the following discounts based on the full adult price apply:
If you would like to pay in a currency other than Euros, please contact us.
Currency Converter - www.xe.com/ucc
If you cancel giving at least 8 weeks notice prior to the start date of your tour, we will refund your deposit, otherwise the deposit is forfeit. Advice of cancellation can be made by telephone or e-mail, but must be confirmed by letter. The following cancellation terms will be applied based on the date of receipt of your letter.
If you cancel 42 - 22 days before the start date of the tour, we will refund 90% of your payment (less deposit).
If you cancel 21 - 8 days before the start date of the tour, we will refund 70%.
If you cancel 7 days or less before the start date of the tour, we cannot make a refund.
In the unlikely event of us having to cancel your tour, we will refund the full sum you paid us.
Tel: (0033) (0)2 99 97 08 76
Business Hours: 9am to 6pm
Brittany Borders Bicycling, Chez M ou Mme Hall, La Ramée Gérard, 35420 St Georges de Reintembault, France